President & Chairman, SupportAbility
Welcome to the 2019 school year! Memorial Awards are funded completely by family and friends or SupportAbility.
SupportAbility is so honored to be able to provide this tribute to tne ones we loved!!! The Memorial Awards are:
- *The Frances Smith Memorial Award - given at St.Mary's Academy where Frances was active in the Mother's Club.
- *The Sherry Wood Memorial Award - given at Pasadena High, Sherry's alma mater.
- *The Ken Granger Memorial Award - given to a student who overcame vision problems.
- The Max Garrick Jr. Memorial Award - Max was a huge believer in education and SupportAbility. He believed you should learn something everyday. Max was a lawyer hence the Award goes to a student who plans to study law. It is presented by his wife, Andi.
- Dorey Madrid Courage Award- Given at Troy High were she taught up until losing her five year battle with cancer.
- Dr. Ed Garr Courage Award-Given at Mater Dei High were his children attended.
- The Jane Noebel Memorial Award - given at Mater Dei (where her three children went and graduated) to a cancer survivor. It is presented by her husband, Barry and daughters.
- The Michael Normanly Memorial Award -given at Loyola, Michael Normanly's alma mater.
- *The Lori Sase Courage Award- Lori was a Woodbridge High School math teacher who was and is loved by her peers and students (Lori is alive and fighting). Due to chronic pain, illness and a multitude of sicknesses she was forced to leave her position. This award will be given to someone who has experienced chronic/debilitatimg illness. It will be given at Woodbridge H.S. in Irvine.
- Michael Motherway Memorial Courage Award -Michael passed away in May 2015 from ALS. He was a Mater Dei alum and his award will be given there.
- The George Sovial Memorial Award - funded by Pam & Jon Pomeroy and given to a student focusing on Perforing Arts.
- To donate to a specific Award, please note the Award in the memo portion of your check. Thank You!
Current on-going and constant Awards. Thank you to everyone who has donated and keeps their memory alive!
* inactive awards.
Awards can be given dispite the above listed requirements.