In the following years SupportAbility established core fundraising events. The Appeals Letter is still sent each October to our entire mailing list, and donations continue to grow. In addition, many major contributions have been received from foundations, corporate groups, civic groups and friends of SupportAbility.
Over the years SupportAbility has hosted many fundraisers.
- Closest-to-the-Pin competitions at Rancho San Joaquin Golf Course.
- A Valentine’s Day Tea hosted yearly by board member, Nancy Lewis at her home.
- Tin Frogs, an eclectic boutique owned by Pam and John Pomeroy hosted the annual Shopper’s Delight where fifteen percent of the day’s sales were donated to SupportAbility.
- A $3,000 renewable grant was first received in 2002 from Amigos de los Ninos.
- S/A Campus Clubs at several high schools are run by students who raise funds for Courage Awards.
- Memorial Awards have been established by families .
- Only a hundred raffle tickets are sold for a chance to spend a week at Kady and Bob Smith’s Sun and Moon Orchard in Hawaii. The drawing for this grand prize is held at the Annual Wine Dinner.
The Santa Ana Country Club is home to our most successful fundraiser, The Annual Golf Tournament and Reception was hosted by Katharine and Jack Trotter for fifteen years. SupportAbility continues to host this inspiring event.
Angels In The Wings
SupportAbility greatly appreciates its “angels”, a group of faithful and generous friends who underwrite everything needed to ensure each successful event! These people have been helping since 2001!
Our courageous and deserving recipients make it all worthwhile. They keep in touch with us and we are happy to help them with books and incidentals as long as they remain in school. Many have graduated and have pursued Master’s and Post Graduate degrees. They return to share their inspiring stores and update us at the Annual Golf Tournament and Reception in June. It is our hope that recipients can pay it forward and one day mentor other recipients and take an active part in SupportAbility!
Julie and SupportAbility have been honored with:
The Clara Barton Spectrum Award by Orange County Red Cross
The Ronnie Lott Award given by the Pacific Club
Outstanding Women in Orange County by We Give Thanks
Bank of America’s Neighborhood Hero Award
Ring of Honor Award at Mater Dei High School
The City Irvine Wall of Recognition.